10/12/2014: Dialogue at Work
Building on strengths and talents, has turned into a widely spread approach within HR. With “Appreciative Inquiry” as one of the flagships. Guiding principle is to accelerate people- or organizational development, by focusing on what goes well and positive change. Ideal breeding ground is a culture of dialogue.
- Does this mean from now on we should just ignore our weaknesses? Is an appreciative approach the one and only holy grail?
- How can we foster a culture of transparent feedback? And what about feed forward, aiming on future behavior?
- How to balance instrumental with inspirational talent management?
- And how to translate all this into day to day HR, with concrete actions?
Interested to gather around these questions, together with one of the world’s most renowned professors on the topic and 50 HR Leaders?
Keynote speaker: Ron Fry
Ronald Fry is Professor and Chairman of the department of Organizational Behavior at Case Western Reserve University (U.S.).
Dr. Fry co-created Appreciative Inquiry, a method for achieving sustainable and strengths-based change. His founding work in this area is widely published and creating a positive revolution in leadership, coaching and organizational effectiveness around the globe.
The dialogue will be enriched by:
- René Bouwen, Emeritus Prof. Dr. of KU Leuven
- Project Team Sustainable Future of UZ Gent, with a progressive case story
- Els Aelbrecht, Coach, Trainer & Consultant at Consultea
When? Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 11:45 – 14:30
Place to be? Zebrastraat, Gustaaf Callierlaan 232, 9000 Gent
- Zebrastraat, built in 1906, is a completely renovated and contemporary site where housing, culture and economy are linked.
- Map and parking (under the building): see link
All profits go to YouthStart Belgium. YouthStart inspires underprivileged youth to find their path, through high quality and practical training in entrepreneurship.