Balance HR is a network of HR freelancers that advises and temporarily supports HR leaders with their assignments and change projects. Our purpose is to connect people to make work better and more meaningful.
We also offer our expertise on a voluntary basis to underprivileged people who are looking for (better) work or who wish to start up a business. Therefore, we are collaborating with YouthStart.
YouthStart boosts disadvantaged people between 16 and 30, with an eight-day training course in which the participants develop a business idea of their own. The students also learn to develop entrepreneurial attitudes. On the final day, each student presents his or her project. Currently 35 trainers give 100 courses per year in small groups.
Once the course is finished, the students can rely on the support of mentors who can guide them through the subsequent steps. Balance HR co-developed this mentorship program for YouthStart, with the support of the digital HR-platform WisKeys.
We are now actively looking for mentors to advice and challenge YouthStart alumni in developing their business idea or search for a job and to further improve their behavioral skills.
What do we expect from you?
- You guide YouthStart alumni on their path to (social) entrepreneurship.
- You are a sounding board for youngsters who are developing a business idea, you challenge their business plan.
- You act as a coach, to develop the competencies of underprivileged people and their career path.
Your skills and capabilities
- You are an HR freelancer and/or coach.
- You have an entrepreneurial and open minded spirit, you are socially involved.
- You share your insights with others, you base your advice on the best available evidence.
What may you expect?
- You have all the freedom to choose when you volunteer, and which amount of time you dedicate. You can limit it to ad hoc support by phone/e-mail, or you can guide youngsters via gatherings, etc.
- You are invited to gatherings with the different mentors, where we share experiences and discuss ways to improve our impact.
- As a mentor, you can advance your own skills in coaching and personal development, develop your network and increase your job satisfaction.
Check out our blogposts to read more about the initiative:
- Duration and investment of your time: following your availability
- Location: your region
Interested to join us?
- Please send your CV to email@example.com, to the attention of Edward Vanhoutte, and we will be in touch with you.